Gearing windpumps were manufactured by Cunningham and Gearing of Cape Town before 1910. Those were steel open-cap windmills.
In the 1930's the "self-oiled" model was introduced. Manufacture was ceased when the second world war broke out.
|Gearing open-capped. Photographed in Sutherland.||Gearing self-oiled on farm Middelstevlei of TJ Bothma in the Moordenaarskaroo. 14ft wheel.||Gearing self-oiled photographed in Prince Albert.||Gearing self-oiled photographed in Loeriesfontein windpump museum.||Gearing self-oiled near Three Sisters.|
|Gearing self-oiled photographed in Tankwa Karoo National Park.||Gearing self oiled on farm Eensaamheid between Durbanville and Paarl.||Gearing photographed in Riebeeck West.||Gearing ladder a distinguishing feature,||Gearing on farm Gemsbok district Laingsburg.|
|Gearing photographed 10 km outside of Prince Albert on the road to Prince Albert road.||Gearing between Jagersfontein and Bloemfontein.||Gearing photographed between Fraserburg and Beaufort West.||Gearing on klein Roggeveld road in Laingsburg district.||Gearing on farm Steenkampspoort district Fraserburg.|
|Gearing photographed on farm Spreeufontein district Laingsburg.||Gearing self-oiled photographed in Prince Albert.||Gearing self-oiled photographed in Prince Albert (same as previous photo) with house built around it.||Gearing near Bo - Wadrif between Tankwa Karoo and Sutherland.||Gearing manufactured by Cunningham and Gearing in Cape Town. Photographed on the Moordenaarskaroo road near Laingsburg.|
|Gearing open cap photographed in Fraserburg.||Gearing photographed on farm Ficksfontein district Laingsburg.||Gearing photographed in the Loeriesfontein windpump museum.|