The Wonder windpump was manufactured by the Elgin Wind Power and Pump Company of Elgin, Illinois. It was the first American totally enclosed, self-oiling windpump to be put on the market. In 1912 it was advertised as the "Gypsy Wonder" by G.A. Fichardt and Company of Bloemfontein.
|Gypsy Wonder photographed in the Loeriesfontein windpump museum.||
Gypsy Wonder photographed in Loeriesfontein windpump museum.
Note the balancing weight which is part of the braking system.